Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 9: Milan

Omg super tired today!! Woke up at 5.30am because my train from Bologna to Milan was at 7.05am, much regrets for booking morning trains LOL but I think they were the cheapest. The train was so empty haha I guess not many people want to travel early on a Saturday morning. Check-out was pretty smooth, I just had to leave the keys on the door and make sure I had everything with me. The B&B I was staying at is called Stazione Centrale and I'd booked it via booking.com. Thought it would be a hotel at first but turned out to be a private-apartment-turned-B&B with 3 bedrooms and a shared toilet. But the location was prime hahaha it was literally right outside the station like just across the road from the exit! Less than 1 minute to go between the two LOL. Anyway I had a double room all to myself, and breakfast was provided but it was just a tray of snacks haha but suits me anyway LOL. There was also an espresso machine which I didn't use since I don't drink coffee, but there were plenty of other drinks available too even soy milk!! And I had a constant supply of juice hahaha the owner was nice even though he didn't speak much English. Also the toilet was really clean haha just that the shower was a bit weird because the water kept alternating between scalding hot and cold lol. But all in all it was quite a nice stay! If I didn't have so much luggage with me I might've picked a location closer to the city centre though haha.

Anyway, the train ride took about 2 hours and I slept a bit on the train. Arrived in Milan at 9.10am then went to drop my bags at the hotel. I was supposed to meet M at this pasticceria called Ernst Knam for breakfast so I got the bus there. It's supposed to be quite a famous chocolaterie but I guess it might be from Milan? Anyway when we arrived they didn't have tables and seats so we just bought some cakes and chocolates and went to M's place nearby to eat instead. Was a good catch-up session!

Went back to the hotel afterwards to check-in before heading out for my Brandy shopping LOL. I basically spent the whole day shopping hahaha the weather was awful anyway it was a light spray sort of rain and very foggy and visibility was like only 1km?! So there wasn't much point in sightseeing in such bad weather. I did want to visit the castle at first but I still passed by it on the way out from Brandy LOLLOL it's actually in the middle of 2 stores hahaha ... Anyway, I went to the San Giovanni store first because the last time I went on a Sunday it was closed! It's quite small but they had a lot of home stuff and deco. They also had a lot of the summer floral prints somehow and I spotted a whole rack of Eve shorts on the upper floor but alas I already have them all! Also saw a few floral Jadas and other dresses and the Jacky dress which I'd been contemplating! As well as a paisley Kiara tank. Tried on a lot of button-up shirts but they were all really oversized and not very suitable for formal occasions. Didn't buy anything from that store cause I wanted to check out the other stores first.

Went to the Via Statuto store next! They had a lot of items on 30% off in the basement but they were mostly the stuff in the autumn colours like rust orange and mustard yellow and baby blue. All the Alena dresses were 30% so they were only €19!! But I already tried the baby blue and it looks so weird on me and I've gone off Alena dresses for now so didn't get any. In the end I bought a burgundy striped Luana top that was on sale for €10! Also saw a ton of scrunchies there but I have so many already omg.

Finally went to the Duomo store after that. It was super crowded omg. They had a lot of jeans at €15 but the materials were all really thin so I didn't really want to get them. Tried on a couple of other shirts and there was a striped Peyton top at 50% for €16 but it was too cropped for me but the other shirt fitted perfectly! Then I went to the 1st floor (they have a basement, ground loot and 1st floor) and there was a whole rack of skirts at €10!!! But they were mostly the corduroy skirts with the full front zip which I didn't like and some Raquel skirts that looked way too big. Picked out an Armelle skirt in the end and got that even though it was slightly too big but I'd been eyeing it for ages! The material isn't as nice as Topshop's denim skirts though to be honest, and I think the skirt is one of the items manufactured in China. There was also a bunch of accessories on sale so I got 3 quite cute necklaces! Kind of regret not buying more omg ...

Spent ages in the Duomo store so by the time I left it was already past 5pm. Went back to the San Giovanni store as it closes at 7pm and got the Jacky dress and Kiara tank there! The Kiara tank was the last piece in store omg! It wasn't on sale but the Jacky dress had 10% off hehe. Then went to the Via Statuto store again and got the burgundy corduroy skirt with the elastic band (even though I already have the one without but this fits better) and bought the Rosa pants in olive green!! It's super comfy omg. Almost bought the Lima pants, they had the navy and olive green ones at 30% off but didn't really like the material of the pants and would rather spend the same amount on a pair of Rosa's. I really wanted the corduroy skirt in black (been meaning to get that the whole trip omg) but they didn't have it in store and the other stores would've been closed by the time I reached since it was already 7.30pm by then T_T And almost got the other Rosa's in the lightest grey but decided against it at the last minute again hahaha no fate. But my skirt!!! Aish. Also regret not buying more Rosa's when they were €25 in Florence omg. But anyway I didn't buy that much stuff!!! Still a bit of stuff to add into my luggage but hopefully will be okay ...

Anyway so that concludes my day LOL omg I need to finish packing now and super sleepy will continue tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment