Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sick :(

Called in sick today because of my fever and rash! Had been having this recurring mild fever every night since Saturday so I've been sleeping early, but I woke up yesterday morning with slightly swollen fingers and then this rash appeared on my fingers ... looks like insect bites / allergy reaction. So I went to the GP this morning and waited for about an hour and didn't get much helpful advice ... apparently the practices don't even have a pharmacy counter? Really miss the times when I could just go to a clinic and be seen in a few minutes without the long wait, I mean yes the free healthcare is attractive but when you're sick you wouldn't really wanna wait around feeling ill for such long hours. And I only found out that the walk-in timings are only around for like 2 hours on Mondays - Fridays only, which was why I had to wait until this morning to visit the clinic again ... this inconvenience is one of the things I dislike about living in the UK ugh.

So anyway I couldn't go for French today which was really sad because 1) I had prepared 2) I was going to miss the petit test 3) I just broke my perfect attendance streak for French. Also when you think about it paying so much for tuition fees every year makes it really painful to miss even one hour because that probably accounts for a few hundred pounds x_x

And I was informed by HX today is MJ's Daisy Day and it's just at Covent Garden and I would've really wanted to go :( What an awful timing to fall sick with CNY just around the corner. I'm currently feeling better but the rash is still acting up, but I hope the fever doesn't come back tonight and that the rash will go away soon. Gonna revert back to my A levels bedtime at 10.30pm from now onwards because I really do need that much amount of sleep.


Anyway I had a really great lunch with E, A and YX yesterday! So good to see these girls again haha we're always so busy with school. We went to the ULU cafe/restaurant, which is on the 1st floor (technically 2nd I always get so confused here in Europe) and apparently it's really popular among students but it was my first time trying! The prices are pretty alright (around £5-6 ish) so it's worth a try if you're looking for a decent meal for lunch. I had the sweet and sour pork, which was really nice but there was too much sauce so it was a bit sour for me at the end! But yay rice!

 

After lunch we went back to school and A and I went to the main library to study before the lecture ... but not before we stopped by the waffles stall! Barclays was having an event to promote the Student Volunteering Week (24 Feb - 2 Mar) this year, so they were giving out free waffles on campus! Really nice gesture in the cold winter hehe :>


I'm going to go back to my reading on Enlightenment soon, but here's a substitute for bubble tea I found:


Only 80p as compared to Chatime :( This will have to do until I return to sg in summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment