Saturday, January 25, 2014

Past 2 days!

Was really busy for the past few days haha had a great time meeting up with SL on Thursday and Friday! Really happy whenever friends visit London :D

Thursday
Had work in the morning until 2, and the sunrise was really pretty on Regent Street. :) 


Managed to pop by Topshop after work and bought 4 camis, then went for my seminar which ended at 4 and met SL after that! She was really sweet and bought my favourite Millie's cookies haha :'> Toured around the school and my hall, then we went out for dinner at Covent Garden. Finally had the chance to try Shake Shack in Covent Garden! I had the classic which costed £5 + crinkle fries for £2.50 (everything was a la carte there) , and it was really good because the bread was soft and so was the cheese, because it isn't as dry as some burgers. The only thing was that the serving was rather small as the burger was quite tiny, which was a bit costly. Also it became quite cold as there weren't anymore seats indoors, so we sat outside but somehow halfway they turned off the heater :<


Walked around Covent Garden and went to Zara after that and bought a ton of stuff ... Managed to find my Zara tulip skirt in blue on sale for £9.99! I remember seeing it in SG and trying it on and then putting it back because it was $70+ and even more expensive than my skorts, but now I've found it on sale, last piece and in my size! Also bought a pair of polka dot jeans (another piece that I've been eyeing since seeing it in SG), a top and 2 skirts for £3.99 each. Cannot describe how I love Zara sales ^_^ I honestly need to do a shopping hauls post for everything soon HAHA but no time ... Oh and we went to Zara on Oxford Street too and I almost bought the other asymmetrical skort in blue but the queue was too long and we didn't have a lot of time. Zara also has lots of nice basic denims and I really want to go back to get a pair haha. Went to Topshop again but not much stuff because everything was out of sizes, then we came back.

Finally bought my batteries for my instax on the way and at first I thought my camera was spoilt but turned out that I had put one of the batteries in the wrong way. My neighbour R was very kind to help us take photos hehe I love Tinkerbell instax!

Friday
Had tutorial in the morning, then went to Charing Cross to meet SL and TJ for lunch. We got there quite early only to find that they only opened at 12, so we walked around a bit first and went to the National Gallery (?) that's along Charing Cross Road. Love how all London museums don't charge you for entrance fees :> And I really want to visit the British Museum soon hehe. Went back to Byron's at 12, ordered lunch. I had the classic burger and onion rings, which was decent but I find that Byron's burgers tend to be rather dry so I thought Shake Shack's was better (and cheaper) but then again their serving size was bigger too. The onion rings tasted good at first but towards the end I really couldn't finish because it was so oily, it was practically dripping and oozing oil out when I ate which was quite gross so I didn't finish them.


Walked about Chinatown after that and then I had to leave for work so I didn't get to try Princi on Wardour Street! It looked really good though haha mental note to try it soon. But I'm glad I got to meet up with SL and TJ haha always feels good to meet friends here :>

Work ended early at 6, got a text from the boss saying office will be closing early so that was a good thing because I managed to go back to hall for dinner (they were serving biryani again and it was really spicy this time). Then went to Camden with hallmates for grocery shopping and it was cold and rainy and felt like Edinburgh times again except this time we were coming back from 99p store and Lidl's instead of Tesco Extra HAHA our hall's definition of outing is to go grocery shopping LOL. Also found my batteries like 5 times cheaper sigh now I know where to go next time when I need them ... And I bought a ton of food too haha whoever who says I don't eat needs to take a look at the amount of food wrappers in my dustbin.

I will do a hauls post soon once my Topshop orders arrive x

No comments:

Post a Comment