Sunday, August 31, 2014

Eat all day err' day

Been eating way too much for my own good in the past week hahaha it's not a nice feeling being constantly BLOATED. I would say my appetite is actually quite small and I don't like eating meat ... But anyway it's been a whole week of eating (not that I'm complaining) but my face is evidently ballooning up hahaha shuckssss.

Here's my daily summary for the past week or so:
71/23: GOOD SATURDAY.
72/24: GOOD SUNDAY.
73/25: Roadhouse / Ion / Ippudo / Ben and Jerry's (mega full day)
74/26: OG dinz @ 126 Sims Ave
75/27: Kiseki buffet lunch (I don't do well at buffets HAHAHA lesson learnt ...)
76/28: Antoinette (finally!!)
77/29: Dental / ice skating
78/30: Daily Scoop / MAF @ HC
79/31: Brunch at Roadhouse (again but their patty is so good I swear) / Durian ice cream / Mooncake tasting / tried the new Starbucks fizz drink!!

On Monday we had Roadhouse for lunch with Y. Haven't had it for almost a year and the closest substitute I found was this place called Red Squirrel in Edinburgh, but it's quite unrealistic to travel all the way to Scotland just for a meal. I think their menu changed this time because they didn't have the classic burgers anymore, but you can choose to "build your own burger" (B.Y.O.B.) for only $22 for the weekday lunch set which comes with a starter or a dessert. So we all got the custom burgers which were pretty good, along with this fried potato starter snack (I forgot the name), sticky date pudding with ice cream and brownie with ice cream. 



Sticky date pudding which doesn't look that good but was amazing


Brownie. Still prefer my pudding!

After lunch we went over to Ion and shopped a bit, then met M and C for dinner at Ippudo. I think that was my 3rd or 4th time eating Ippudo this summer but oh well :) Afterwards we went back to Dempsey for dessert. Initially we wanted to try P.S. Cafe but it was too full so we went to B&J's instead and got this merlion(??) waffle cone with 5 scoops.



Tuesday was OG dinz at 126 Sims Avenue. We intended to go to Red Star at first but it didn't open on Tuesdays :( I still prefer Swee Choon over 126! They don't serve liushabao so I literally had nothing to eat haha. Then Wednesday I met S for lunch at Kiseki. Their buffet lunch is from 11.30-3 and we really stayed for the whole duration haha. I gave up on the mains cause the meats were really too filling and it was probably a bad move to start with sushi and the rice rolls. The desserts were okay, I quite like the mochi but they only had 2 flavours which were strawberry and matcha, and the matcha was quite strong. There was also a selection of cakes which were a bit dry for my liking and ice cream so I spent the remaining time fully dedicating myself to the desserts HAHA.


This is round 1 which I gave up pretty shortly after HAHA.



Thursday was Antoinette! I love their pavlova and tea. Tried the Organic Charming Meadows instead of my usual chamomile this time and I think I still prefer chamomile because this one tasted quite ... herbal. The pavlova was amazing. I think the sorbet in the middle is banana/mango sorbet but I don't seem to be able to find it elsewhere.


(The lighting was bad)

On Friday I went for dental and I still don't think I'll be taking my wisdom teeth out so hoping hard that they won't give me any problems haha. Went skating for 3 hours with the sis after that and came back with a terrible headache. I guess it was due to the cold. And yesterday was MAF! Didn't actually mean to stay that long as I thought I'd just drop by but ended up staying all the way until the end. Spent a lot of time in the hall eating mooncakes and we went to visit the CSC teachers too. It was good seeing so many familiar faces again though it was a pity there wasn't much time to properly catch up with everyone. It's quite sad when you think about it sometimes because these are the people you've known for more than 6 years but now everyone's going their separate ways and we hardly have anything in common to talk about anymore. I wish I could keep in contact with a lot of people but everyone's busy with their own stuff and things like friendship only work if both parties put in the effort.

Anyway, went back to Dempsey again this morning. I keep wanting to try P.S. Cafe but it's forever full and there's always a queue outside and I was too hungry to bother waiting (as usual). Went back to Roadhouse for brunch hehe. I got the eggs benedict cause I didn't think I'd be able to finish a burget set.


Went to Orchard after brunch. There was a mooncake sale at Taka so we went in to try the different flavours hahaha omg TWG has this blue snowskin mooncake which was super nice. I love snowskin mooncakes hehe. Also shared a cup of durian ice cream with Carissa! It looked really tempting and was only $3, but of course the mooncake version was a lot nicer it really tasted more like the fruit rather than a mooncake filling.



Dropped by Starbucks before leaving town and saw that they had this new series of fizz drinks. I got the yogurt fizz with mango jelly. It tasted like sparkling yakult haha but the jelly was nice. This is like my first or second Starbucks since coming back haha don't really drink Starbucks anymore these days.

And I just realised August is over. :( It's 1AM now but I'm gonna change the time of this post haha. About 20 more days until I go back, I wish my break was longer hahaha kind of regret working for so long oh well. Here's to an amazing September ahead xx

No comments:

Post a Comment