Thursday, August 21, 2014

Brandy Melville Review #1

I'd just collected my latest Brandy Melville order yesterday and was really pleased with everything that I got. Also wore my Alena dress in burgundy to work for the first time and got lots of compliments so I thought I'd do a review on the BM stuff I own here HAHA. I did a quick check and found that I've bought 19 items from BM so far, but I'm still waiting for about 7 to arrive.

There are a few styles which I'm absolutely obsessed with - Jada dress, Vodi shorts, Alena dress, Chiyo top. I don't own that many tops from BM but I really wanna get one of the Nadine tops / graphic tanks! Don't think I'll get any of the halters though but they're pretty cute too, just that I'll never have an occasion to wear them in cold and dreary London haha.

Anyway, the stuff that I got yesterday included one Jada dress, a pair of Vodi shorts and a Caleigh Top. 


I meant to get the one on the right at first but it was sold out at the time of ordering and they kind of replaced it with the left, so I went for it anyway. Really wanted the right one but I think it's still sold out now :( But the ombre Jada is really pretty! Would've totally bought the other one if it's in stock. I find the length to be relatively decent (surprisingly) but the only problem is that the front tends to be a bit low (or maybe it's just me being tall). Hence the need for a crop inside (Chiyo!!).


This pair of floral Vodi shorts are still available online and I'm surprised they're not sold out yet. There are a few types of Vodi shorts - rayon, chiffon and cotton and these were the cotton ones. I am super in love with the material, it's honestly the softest pair of cotton shorts I've ever owned. The material is so soft it looks like it's furring but I checked again and yup, it's just the material. And they're not sheer, unlike the rayon and chiffon ones (which I kind of regret getting because they can't really be worn out). Definitely need to get more of these in other colours.


Took a chance with this but I must say it didn't disappoint either! The material is equally soft as the Vodi shorts so yes I'm completely obsessed with the two ... the cutting is rather flattering too. I would like one of these in dark grey hahaha.


And here's my Alena dress! It got restocked online hehe. I'm waiting for them to restock the black floral and the navy ones. I really want the navy hahaha. The length is perfect and the material is quite heavy so the dress drapes and hangs down very nicely and gives it a proper swing. I thought the armholes might be a bit big at first but they turned out fine so all's good.

Super upset that Brandy's having a warehouse sale in LA this weekend and I'm not there T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment