Sunday, February 23, 2014

Vintage Adventures

Came back from Budapest yesterday! I'll post on Budapest soon after I'm done sorting out the photos haha but I wanted to write about Brick Lane first so that I can clear some memory space on my phone and also so that everything will be in chronological order. But Budapest was really great hehe I think it's my favourite city so far! Pity we didn't get to explore a lot of areas due to lack of time and I really wanted to climb the hill hahaha.

Anyway was at Brick Lane last Sunday with A and YX! First time at a London vintage market / east side of London. Some photos from my phone but there are still lots of photos in the camera. I find it more convenient to use my phone though since I rarely bring the camera out.



Ootd taken by YX while A was getting a coffee. :P Wore pink because Pantone's colour of the year is Orchid! Somehow I've also been seeing lots of people wearing pink around. The dress is from Reko and I really love it! Discovered this brand through Topshop because they had a Reko for Topshop collection a few years back. All of their dresses are handmade and they usually do very limited pieces, but the quality is fantastic, especially the material.



Some murals (apparently we were at the wrong end of Brick Lane because we discovered more murals at the end ...)




Also dropped by Spitalfields which was really near, but eventually went back to the Brick Lane side because there wasn't much stuff. We went back to the Sunday UpMarket for lunch. There were lots of food stalls around and they had food from almost everywhere, Asian, European, Middle Eastern, etc. Went with Chinese food in the end because I miss mix veg rice hahaha. On the whole it was quite like Camden market and the food around was rather similar to Camden's too.




Really tempting cupcakes from this stall called Nina's Bakes! They have an Instagram page too. Didn't try in the end because I wanted to get a drink instead and so I got this apple juice made from Granny Smith's, ginger and a bit of mint.



The other stall which A got her yoghurt smoothie from.

After lunch, we went to this store called Blitz. It reminded me of Oakham Market in Singapore, like the general feel and the stuff they stocked. And they had a basement too! Lots of vintage apparels and accessories.



Discovered this whole table of shoes. Photo credits to A. :>


Vinyl sales at this other market.


Blackberries. These were quite cheap at only 50p for one punnet.



Padlocks on a fence outside Shoreditch Station. This is apparently called the love fence and it was so pretty! We took a lot of photos here haha but everything is in my camera because the phone camera quality isn't as good. Headed over to Tate Modern for Topshop after that!








Pretty view from St Paul's Bridge on the way back.

Need to sort out Budapest photos soon but my room is in a mess right now and I haven't unpacked argh ... Had really dry skin after coming back so I've been spamming water too. And I came back to a bouquet of dried roses yesterday I was so sad. :'( Tried to revive them with warm water and re-cutting the stems but it didn't work ...


Didn't really do much today but sorted out my accounts and returned a TON of stuff lol. Also had late lunch / dimsum with M and AN but L couldn't make it. Went to Gerrard's Corner again so didn't take many photos since most of the stuff were the same as what we'd ordered the last time. After that I went to Somerset House to check out LFW haha.






Okay really tired now gonna sleep already omg last day of reading week tomorrow/today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment