Friday, February 14, 2014

School / New VSCO Filters

Been a pretty much busy week, but last day of school tomorrow! Before reading week, that is. I actually like the idea of having a reading week because we get a break in between to catch up on work / rest (and also travel lol) instead of having 10 academic weeks consecutively x_x

3 hours of French on Tuesday, went pretty alright I guess. I got picked to present my article, but thankfully it wasn't so bad apart from my terrible pronunciation and my inability to think in French quickly so I missed out a few points I meant to say. Good practice though. Then it was use of French, got back my devoir ecrit from last week and there were improvements from my previous work. Had the subjonctif test which hopefully went well because we went through the answers afterwards, so I'm just hoping I didn't recall wrongly or something. Also got back my first ESPS essay on Wednesday :> It's not counted but I wish it was! Haha. Seminar today then went to Oxford Street to return stuff, and unfortunately could not leave without buying stuff x_x Picked up some basics + daisy skater from H&M, a romper from Topshop's concession collection and a pair of Zara shorts. Really trying to control my spendings now sigh but it doesn't seem to be working aye.



Topshop's Unique SS14 is in stores now! Been making my mental wishlist every time I'm in there. There's still no way I'm going to spend like £16 on a basic T-shirt, LOL. Nope. I did find this gorgeous dress though but it was £75 and the colour I like only comes in PETITE, which was way too short for me. :'(

In other news I also upgraded my VSCO cam yesterday. Been updating my apps and regretting hahaha I'm still using iOS6 by the way. Refuse to upgrade to iOS7 because the interface is just too weird and similar to Android. So now all my apps are kind of like a mix between iOS6 and 7. At least my keyboard is there. Anyway VSCO recently released a bunch of new filters, and they're having some sort of limited time sale where you can get this bundle of 38 (I think?) presets for only $5.99, and the Legacy collection for $1.99. I happened to recall that they had issued me a $10 credit for something last time so I emailed them to ask if they could transfer the credit over for the filters instead. The support team replied really fast, saying that they had placed the preset bundle and contemporary collection as well as some other new tools in my account. So voila! Happy VSCO-er, c'est moi.



Played with my new filters! So many presets now haha I don't know which to choose anymore. It wasn't that difficult when I only had 10 since I usually eliminate the B&W ones first haha. But I still find the general VSCO trend to be too moody / grey-ish / hipster for me. I like having my colours ahaha. The new presets are very nice, although I find a lot of them to be quite similar, like the H and K. That makes about 54 filters to choose from (haha I counted). They have new tools too which I haven't managed to figure out how to use. Also contemplating to get the Legacy collection now but I don't know how good it is and if it's very similar to the default presets.

Going back to my readings on Political Economy now. 2 more tutorials and a concert and I'm done for the half-term! And there's LFW next week, though it's not exactly the official one since the official one is sometime in September I think, while this one is more of Vodafone's London Fashion WeekEND. Here's to good and happy days ahead! :>

No comments:

Post a Comment