Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015, thank you!

Last post of 2015 (excluding all the backlogs and drafts of my trips which I will try to get around to eventually), so I thought I'd do a basic recap and reflection for the year!

- Jan: back to school for term 2, rehearsals, got the year abroad allocation and found out that I was going to Strasbourg! But everything was pretty slow-paced at the start.
- Feb: Watched Les Mis, went to Tromso, saw northern lights, apps and ints that turned out well so was very very thankful!
- Mar: Went to Stockholm, String Orch concert, opera rehearsals and crazy week of attending SW in the day and playing for opera at night but I survived that week!!
- Apr: Easter break, studying for exams, Brandy shopping, SW, more ints and AC with positive outcomes, more studying. Super grateful for everything :)
- May: Last bits of studying, exams, end of exams, packing, brunch dates around London. Sprained my right ankle.
- Jun: Moving out, cleaning, Thorpe Park finally and then back to SG! Admin stuff once I got back, applied to work at TS, met up with friends, started work at TS!
- Jul: Still working at TS, met up with more friends, ice-skating, basically SG life. Sprained my left ankle, LOL.
- Aug: Last days of work, packing, back to London then moved to Strasbourg all within the same week! Super excited to be in Strasbourg and weather was so amazing.
- Sep: Strasbourg life, started school, made new friends, went to Oktoberfest in Munich, great times with my Strasbourg friends!
- Oct: Came back to London for one weekend, more school, exams, did my 10-day Scandinavia-Europe trip: Stockholm, Copenhagen, Milan. Met the HCSE girls in Scandinavia and went to see the World Expo with M in Milan!
- Nov: Back to school, more exams, more studying, went to Cologne the last weekend to meet XC and met P for a few hours in Amsterdam!
- Dec: More studying, more exams, coursework, came back to London, met up with friends over meals, went to Nice and Monaco with S, Christmas Party at J's, Boxing Day, met more friends and now it's NYE!

It's been a crazy year of travels, new adventures and great times with friends, but I think I've also found the peace within myself that I've been searching for. I'm pretty proud of myself for staying positive and determined (maybe not calm all the time) even in times of adversity, and to always be grateful for everything, even the smallest of things. I've been lucky to have met many kind strangers who've helped me this year during my travels, and I'm really thankful for their random little acts of kindness. Last but not least, I'm thankful for all the friends that I've kept in touch with as well as am the new friends that I've made during the year, and of course for my family especially my parents who have always been so supportive of me no matter what I do. And I'm thankful for technology that has allowed me to keep in touch with everyone despite the physical distance between us all.

For 2016, to be honest I'm actually really happy with the way things are right now but then again, the only constant is change. I hope things stay the way they are or get even better! And I guess I should have some resolutions, but I'll keep some private for now :D I guess I've achieved about half of my resolutions for 2015 (as always haha it's almost impossible to achieve all because some aren't really within my control), but for 2016 I would really like to learn more new skills, travel more and remain positive and grateful towards everything! :) And of course do better in my studies and all. Good vibes, good vibes always :D

Thank you 2015, you've been absolutely amazing and I've been really really happy this year. Here's to an even better 2016 ahead!

Happy New Year / 新年快乐 / Bonne année à tous / Felice Anno Nuovo!

No comments:

Post a Comment