Saturday, August 29, 2015

London to Strasbourg

So I'm now sitting in the Ryanair plane with a sprained wrist and after finally peeling off my 2 layers of jackets. Holy shit, that was a close shave. Singlehandedly managing 50kg of luggage (that's actually as heavy as me) from Gloucester Road to Liverpool Street (both stations without step free access) to catch the plane at Stansted was not easy, NOT EASY MAN. I was mentally going FML FML FML the whole way. And my wrist really hurts haha FML, AGAIN.

I left WT's house at about 3.30 but it took me 15 min alone to just walk to the station. Was supposed to catch the 1625 Stansted express train to the airport, but even though I arrived at about 4.15 there was no way I could manage to even get to the platform by 4.25. So I reached the platform at 4.25 to discover that the freaking train had left. The next train was 4.40 and I didn't want to miss that so I got on quite early and managed to secure myself a seat near the door. There was a Korean guy who was sitting next to me and he asked if I'd been drinking. Well that's the effect of hauling your own weight halfway across London ... Anyway I was panicking really badly on the train cause I figured I'd reach the airport at 5.30, which gives me just about 20 min to check in my luggage and another 10 min to make it through to the gate?! And I couldn't even run with all my luggage.

So I got to the check in desk, and if there's one thing I'd learnt from all the trips so far that'd be to ask for help. So I asked, and this guy directed me to another queue at the side called the closing flight queue. I didn't even know they had such a thing. Spoke to a couple of people who were going to Dublin and their flight was at 6.30 too. They got called first and I was starting to panic alr then they finally called for Strasbourg. I literally jumped up and quickly went to check in my luggage.

Okay I'm now looking out of the window and the guy is loading luggage but I don't seem to see my luggage ... Shit, I just hope it was loaded already.

After checking in my luggage I ran for the security check, but it was still pretty hard to run with a 10kg duffel bag and another 5kg backpack. Wanted to use the fast track at first, it was only £5 but they didn't accept card and I couldn't find the ATM so I was just like forget it. Ran to the normal security check and THANK GOODNESS it was actually empty!!! So I made it past quickly and ran for the gates. By then I honestly had no more energy to carry my duffel bag and my throat was so dry it was actually pricking me, so I dragged my duffel bag and ran. Will probably need to buy a new one after this. Managed to catch the train to the gates just in time so that was pretty smooth.

I actually had Priority Q on my ticket for some reason. I think they just allocate it randomly or something or maybe it was cause I bought check in baggage? Anyway I was assigned to seat 7F, and I saw online that rows 1-7 are priority so I guess I could've just been lucky. The other people don't seem to be aware of it though. I felt slightly bad for barging my way through at the gate but hell, I paid over 90 quid for this ticket. Also very grateful to the random strangers for helping me with my luggage at the stairs at the station ... But I think I'm not too bad myself considering how I managed to carry most of it HAHA. Seriously need to declutter my life now then I'll have less things ugh.

Okay I'm now gonna check to see all my important stuff are still here! Will post again hopefully soon when I finally have wifi ... And did I mention I sprained my wrist carrying the luggage hahaha FML. Okay gonna take off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment