Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 2 in Strasbourg

Today was a pretty exciting day even though most places are closed on Sundays. I meant to wake up early but was too tired after all the excitement from last night, so I only went out at about 11.30. Didn't have any plans at first so I thought I'd just kind of wander around but I did want to at least check out the Topshop at Galeries Lafayette HAHAHA. Walked to the river and then started walking towards the city centre where I had my first gelato! It was really hot today like even hotter than Singapore was absolutely melting in the heat. For half an hour I actually just sat in Macdonald's and used wifi because it was too hot to walk about ... Kind of regret not buying the alien cap from Brandy Melville the other day at Topshop but nvm it's black and I look shitty in black anyway. ANYWAY. It was only 9 pounds though okay maybe I'll get it the next time ...

So after I walked around le Petit France and all I met another Singaporean LOL. Was totally unexpected cause I saw this lady with a selfie stick alone and I really wanted to have my photo taken so I asked her if she'd help me take a photo against the nice scenery and in return I'd take a photo for her too. Then afterwards we started talking and realised we're both Singaporeans and probably the only ones in the region. It was quite cool and she is really nice! Her name is Lendar and she's on a business trip but this was kind of her pre-trip. So we walked around a bit because neither of us had plans and ended up going back to Macs to sit a while and talk. We decided to meet in the evening again for dinner since I had to go back in the afternoon to call my parents. I also discovered that the walk from the city centre to my hall is only like 15 min so it's quite near HAHA.

Anyway I got back, talked to my parents a bit then lazed around on my bed. By then it was already 35 degrees and the sun was coming into my room so I had to draw the shutters. Left at about 6.30 and reached the carousel near the cathedral at 7. We were trying to find a nice place to have dinner at subjected to my budget constraints HAHA ECONS HAHA. But in the end we found this really nice bar called Le Troquet des Knecks. The staff recommended tarte flambee which is this pizza-like pie imo so we got that with the cranberries and another soup-based dish that was like pho. I would post pictures but I'm typing this on my laptop for once and am really lazy so maybe next time or maybe I'll add the photos later ... Anyway the tarte flambee was really good! But the pho was a bit too salty. Anyway it was really cheap though only 24.20 and they don't charge extra for service and all so I would like to go back again!

After dinner we walked around more and went to see the dam and rose gelato!! They have Amorino here too which is just next to the cathedral. I still think the rose gelato that I had in Budapest near the Basilica was better haha but they have this melon cantaloup flavour which is really good and it's so much cheaper than London T_T After that we went to see the light show at the cathedral. This year marks 1000 years since the start of the construction of the cathedral in 1015 so they have this special light show every night. IT WAS SO AMAZING OMG. I'm really glad it's still showing for September at least so I will definitely go watch it again soon. The only thing that it's so late like the first show starts at 10.15 so by the time I get back it'd be like 11. But omg it was so pretty!!

Tomorrow I'm going to check out the university and I have to report to the year abroad tutor + register with the residence hall officially. And I'll need to go check out the shops and do my grocery shopping. Omg I love Strasbourg hahahaha :D

No comments:

Post a Comment