Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Brandy Melville: 2016 January Italy Trip Shopping!

A GUIDE TO SHOPPING BRANDY MELVILLE IN ITALY

Got back to Strasbourg last Sunday and have been super busy this whole week! Had 16 hours of classes from Monday - Wednesday and was really tired but I wanted to blog about my shopping hauls before I forget LOL.

So as I've been blogging throughout the trip, I went to Italy from 1-10 January. It was the perfect way to start off the new year hahaha and I've basically been to all the main Brandy stores in Rome, Florence, Bologna and Milan, which is not a bad accomplishment really. January is also the beginning of sales in Italy!! So it was perfect timing really, minus the bad weather ...

[Omg I started the post on 14 Jan actually but only continuing now which is like 24 Feb LOLLOL been soooooo busy!!!]

So anyway, I wanted to post my shopping hauls from Italy!!

Roma

I arrived in Rome on 1 January, and went to the one at Via del Corso in the evening but it was too late and the store had already closed. Went to the store on Via Cola di Rienzo the next day with the 2 guys who had to sit on the steps and wait for me while I tried on clothes LOL. Also went back to the Via del Corso store that day to check out the store hehe. Didn't buy anything in Rome because it was just the beginning of my trip and I didn't want to have to carry the clothes to the rest of the cities that I was visiting. Actually meant to visit a 3rd store that's near the Villa Borghese on 3 Jan but unfortunately it doesn't open on Sundays, and the rest of the stores in Rome were too far out from city centre so I only went to a total of 2 in Rome ...


Store at Via del Corso


#Brandyselfie at the Via Cola di Rienzo store

Firenze

Left Rome for Florence on the morning of 4 Jan. My hotel in Florence was actually pretty near one of the Brandy stores (reasons why I booked that hotel lol) but we took a day trip to Pisa so only got back to Florence in the evening. But I still managed to visit the store near my hotel on the way back that day! It's pretty big and has a ground floor and a basement. Didn't buy anything cause the guys were with me so didn't want to keep them waiting, but I went back the next morning and spent like 2 hours there LOL. I bought a total of 6 items, which includes 5 tops and 1 dress!!


I bought a May Top in stripes, a white Mason Top, a grey speckled Genevie Top, an orange Nadine Top, the Margie Make My Day Top and a burgundy Laurel Dress. These were all on sale so total damage for 6 items = €69 HEHEHEHE.

The stuff were so heavy and I had to carry them up while climbing to Piazza Michelangelo ... NO REGRETS THOUGH HAHAHA. Also went to visit the other store near the city centre later that day, but didn't buy anything cause the store is quite small, like literally maybe just 2 rooms?

Bologna

Left Florence for Bologna on 6th Jan evening and arrived about 7pm so didn't go out in the evening. Went to the only Brandy store the next day. Bologna was part of my solo travels so I had the liberty to stay as long as I liked in the store. And the staff were so friendly!! They spoke english too. I was asking one of the guys if they would have sales in Milan as well (it was during sale period or saldi in Italy that time) and they seemed really amused.


Bologna store during sales


#Brandyselfie at the Bologna store


This is the exclusive Brandy Bologna paper bag.

I have to say, the sales were actually pretty decent. I bought a total of 3 items from the Bologna store, but they're all the exclusive Italian items so no stock images and don't think they can be found on the USA site. I bought a white button down shirt and a pair of jeans on the first day, then went back again on the second day and bought a lattice front dress in red. And they were all half price!!! So the jeans were really worth it cause it was only €29 when normally it would cost like at least €50 ... And the Bologna store has their own paper bags!! With the address printed on it hehehe and also the store interior was really really nice like they had these lacy ombre decos and stuff ... I would say it's one of my favourite stores! Total spent in Bologna = €58.50

Milano

Left Bologna for Milan on 9th morning. Checked into the hotel, went to meet M for breakfast and then basically spent the rest of the day shopping LOL. There are 3 stores in Milan and I've been to 2 but there was one at Via San Giovanni sul Muro that I didn't go the previous time when I went for Expo because it's closed on Sundays! I actually don't remember the order that I went in, but I definitely went to the one at Via Statuto and Via S. Giovanni twice LOL. So I think I went to the one at San Giovanni first since I didn't go the previous time. This store actually sells like home deco and stuff which are super cute! And I found the Kiara tank in paisley print there from summer!!! And the black floral Jacky dress too. But since it was the first store I didn't buy anything cause I didn't know what else I was gonna find in the other stores. Went to the Statuto store next because the two are really near each other, like they're literally on opposite sides of Castello Sforzesco hahaha. I bought a red striped Luana there because it was on sale for only €10. Then went to the store near the Duomo. The sales were quite crazy there lol they had many jeans for €15, but the quality wasn't really good like the material was super thin so they probably really just produced it for sale at €15 I guess? But I bought a formal shirt there for half price as well as the Armelle skirt for only €10?! They had a lot of other skirts and stuff on sale too but most were damaged :( Also bought 3 necklaces!!! Some accessories were on sale so necklaces were going for €3, bracelets for €2 and rings and earrings for €1.

After having seen all 3 stores I went back to San Giovanni store and couldn't resist buying the Kiara tank and Jacky dress even though they weren't on sale but the prints were from summer and I've been searching for the paisley print for ages! Then went back to the Statuto store and got the Klum Corduroy Skirt in burgundy and the Rosa Sweatpants in olive green. The Klum skirt is actually the same as the Bruce / Sena Skirt just that it has an inner elastic band at the waist which actually makes it more comfortable lol. Wanted to get it in black too but the store didn't have it and by the time I went back to the Duomo store it was already closed ... Total spent in Milan = €140.60


Stuff I bought in Milan, necklaces not shown

So that concluded my January Italy Brandy shopping trip!! Total damage = €267.60 for 19 items which I honestly think is not bad lol considering that it includes a pair of jeans too. Very very pleased with my buys!!

Left Milan at 7am the next day (10th Jan) to take the train to Basel then Strasbourg so no shopping then obviously. But it was a Sunday anyway so nvm!!

Store Addresses:
Rome: (There's supposed to be 6 on Google Maps but I only went to 2 ...)
- Via del Corso, 435, 00187 Roma, Italie - Open 1100-2000 everyday. This is apparently the biggest store in Rome! It's along the shopping street near the Spanish Steps.
- Via Cola di Rienzo, 136, 00197, Roma, Italie - Open 1030-2000 from Monday to Saturday, 1100-2000 on Sunday. This store is near the Vatican City.
Florence: (2 stores)
- Via Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour, 172, 50129 Firenze, Italie - Open 1000-1930 from Monday to Saturday, 1530-1930 on Sunday, but they close for siesta on weekdays from 1400-1530. This is the bigger store in Florence.
- Via Porta Rossa, 48r, Firenze, Italie - Open 1000-1930 from Monday to Saturday, 1530-1930 on Sunday, but they close for siesta on weekdays from 1400-1530. This is the store at the city centre.
Bologna: (1 store)
- Via Guglielmo Oberdan, 6/b, Bologna, Italie - I forgot to check the opening hours but think it's open until 2000 everyday and they probably open from 1000 or 1030. I THINK.
Milan: (3 stores)
- Via S. Giovanni sul Muro, 18, 20121 Milano, Italie - Open 1500-1900 on Monday, 1030-1900 from Tuesday to Saturday, closed on Sunday. This is the store with the homeware.
- Via Statuto, 16, 20121 Milano, Italie - Open 1030-1930 from Monday to Saturday, closed on Sunday.
- Piazza Cesare Beccaria, 5, 20122 Milano, Italie - Open 1030-1930 from Monday to Saturday, 1130-1900 on Sunday. This is the store near the Duomo, also the biggest store in Milan - it has 3 floors!

Decided to rename my post "A guide to shopping Brandy Melville in Italy" LOL. Gonna be updating on my February Italy (and Brandy) trip soon when I have time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment