Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday

Today is Friday and it's also my last Friday in London before going home next week :( Well until I come back the next academic year. Can't believe 9 months just went by so quickly, it feels like just yesterday when I first arrived in London and everything was so foreign but now I think being back in SG will feel surreal haha. Post-exams have been crazy, was in Romania last week (might do a post on it probably when I'm back in SG lol), came back to London on Saturday afternoon then spent a whole day in Brighton on Sunday (theme park!!!). This week I've been busy with school hahaha summer school ... it's actually UCL's Global Citizenship Programme and I'm doing the one on the Danube, which also includes Bulgarian lessons! Slightly thankful I didn't get allocated to Romanian if not I'd be so annoyed the week before at not knowing a single word in Romania, and Bulgaria has been pretty fun so far and I haven't been there so there's a higher chance of me travelling there rather than to Romania again! Finally got pushed to learn the Cyrillic alphabet properly haha I've been dragging it for years since wanting to pick up Russian a few years ago. I think the course has been rather intensive so far, like we have about 5-6 hours a day while my normal school hours was an average of 2 hours each day. Also have tons of admin stuff to settle and packing to do before going back and lots of appointments are clashing! I've missed some sessions already and I feel really bad because so much effort has been put into preparing this course for us. In all honesty I've really enjoyed all the lectures but it's a pity that I haven't got the time to be more committed to it, like how I went for half of a talk on Bulgarian writers in London just now but had to leave halfway even though it's so interesting and few people actually get the chance to hear close up accounts of these people ... argh too many things too little time.

It's strange how I've been wanting to go home for ages but now that the day is approaching I don't want to leave London somehow :( Also it doesn't help that the weather is getting nicer and SG is going to be terribly humid and I'm going to melt ...

No comments:

Post a Comment