Saturday, January 24, 2015

End of Week 2

Second week of school has passed and things have been slowing down to a more acceptable pace since the submission of my French essay. I know I've said this enough but I really NEED to stop leaving things until the last minute but it's just that I don't have this sense of urgency for some things?! But anyway, it's done, I just hope it'll be a good ending to this module because I really quite enjoyed it. The thing about literature modules is that it gives you an extremely good reason to READ and you get to read novels instead of textbooks. Novels!!! I haven't been reading much since JC to be honest and I always feel like I'm not sure what type of books I'm supposed to be reading ... I mean I still enjoy children's books LOL but I go through them pretty quickly and like young adult books are not very meaningful and sometimes too emotional ...? And then there're the classics which I've already read and popular novels which I have also read so now I'm kind of at a loss of what to read. I guess I need to start on Les Mis in French, after all I'm watching the play soon. And I haven't read the Fault in Our Stars and it's been so hyped up on Tumblr so I guess I should read it soon. But anyway, I really liked 19th century French lit partially because a lot of the works were more familiar, like Madame Bovary and Cousine Bette so I've read a number of works by the authors. However the emphasis of the module was not to read it in a conventional way, but rather from other perspectives and trying to get a deeper sense of the meaning. While it was pretty enlightening studying those texts I think it'd be too difficult to try the same with all other novels ... I mean I just want to enjoy a book. Haha.

Overslept on Thursday morning and missed the econs lecture :( Macro is actually starting to look better this term we're doing forex!! My favourite part of econs haha. Went for dinner at C's place today and stayed until quite late talking. I love days like this!

Currently browsing the Brandy Melville site. They really NEED to have a UK website soon I'm not kidding. It was up for like 2 days? And when I went to Carnaby yesterday it was under renovations and closed for a week. I am so tempted by every single thing on the website T_T My current favourite top is the Genevie top which I got in Milan. I usually hate wearing long sleeve tops and horizontal stripes but omg this top is perfect, I got it in the navy base with white stripes as well. I love Brandy <3




No comments:

Post a Comment